Monday, September 13, 2010

Time for Testimony

It has been an incredible week of ups and downs, as my last post indicated.  I'm so thankful I can say that I was able to sit down with the 'someone' I referred to in my last post that had let me down.  Normally, I rarely address these kinds of issues with the person who has hurt me.  I do one of two things (or both).  I swallow the hurt, and end up resenting the other person, or I talk to everyone but that person, about my hurt.  God has really been speaking to me about this!  I knew this person and I had a meeting, and I prayed with all my might on the way to the meeting that I would be able to speak up in love.  Isn't God just so wonderful to answer our heartfelt prayers??  Long story short, I was able to lovingly tell of my hurt and feelings of being let down at a moment when I had reached out.  We talked briefly about this, and God was so gracious in allowing healing by way of that person's apology, and my acceptance and forgiveness.  Let me just say, the miracle to me wasn't my ability to forgive (this time), but I was just so amazed at how God had prepared the other person's heart to understand the hurt.  I don't know about you, but when I am approached about something I have done that has hurt someone else, my first reaction is one of self-defense.  I'm just so thankful that the time we spent talking about tough things was in a spirit of love on both sides, just as it should be.

I know some of you have read a little about me in the September issue of Guideposts.  I do think it's time for me to begin giving my life's testimony in this blog, and my next post will begin with part one of my testimony.  It's fine to read all the other entries, but if you don't know what brought me to this moment in time, it doesn't really have as much significance to you.

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment