Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The One Thing I Want My Kids To Know

In the previous post, I painstakingly (miraculously) found a way to post a song that I used to listen to in the early '90's.  Will you listen to it, even if I tell you it was sung by Debby Boone?  Truthfully, I loved listening to this tape which somehow landed in my possession when my kids were little.

I have been praying about what the Lord would want me to write in this blog next.  My heart has been swimming with thoughts I want to tell each of my children, so without telling any family secrets, or embarrassing my kids (ok, well not embarrassing them much), I would like to take the next few posts to write to my children individually.

If there is one central theme to my heart's cry for my children, it would be summed up in the following song:


Above All Else

Debby Boone


So much to say and just a lifetime left to say it.
How quickly time passes.
If I had my way, I'd keep you safe within my arms
While the storm of life crashes.

I won't always be with you, my child,
But words I can give.
When the winds of hope are dying down,
These words will live.

Above all else, know God's the One who'll never leave you.
Look to Him above all else.
He is love you can depend upon, a heart set to care.
If in the darkest night you should be lost, He will be there.

I won't always be with you, my child,
But words I can give.
When the winds of hope are dying down,
These words will live.

Above all else, know God is good and you can trust Him.
Look to Him above all else.

He’s the Everlasting Father,
In His hands you’ll never fall.
He’s the One who holds it all,
Above all else.

He’s the Author of your laughter,
He’s the Keeper of your tears,
He’s the One who you must fear
Above all else.

He’s the Giver of the kingdom
Bought for you right from the start,
And He’ll ask you for your heart
Above all else.

So much to say
And not enough time left to say it.
Just love the Lord
Above all else.

Please be patient with the "play" button in the next post.  If you click on it, and wait a little while, the song will play.  And remember - I cherish your comments!

Dear Heavenly Father,
I want to share my heart in a way that honors You.  You know that.  Please help me to express what You want me to in the next few posts.  Please cause Your love to strengthen my children, and others, by giving me just the right words to write!  I thank You for your boundless love!  In Jesus' Name

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth,
    To witness what God has done (and continues to do) in your life is an awesome testimony to His love and the lengths He will go for His children. Just as Gram passed her faith and love of scripture along to you, so you are doing for your own children. And for your readers and followers, as well. Thanks once again for your ministry of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,
    I'm wondering if others are having trouble posting comments as I am. Could be my computer. Anyway wanted to let you know I am still praying for you and that your articles will reach and touch the lives of many. Also that the Lord will sustain and provide for you blessings both spiritual and material.

    ReplyDelete